Effective Date: July 27, 2022
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and provincial privacy acts.
Your Personal Information
Generally, personal information is any piece of information, factual or subjective, about an identifiable individual. Some examples of the types of personal information that MassPay may hold include your name, address, and contact details.
Purposes for Which We Collect Personal Information
MassPay identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is being collected. We may collect, use, and disclose your personal information in order to:
- process an order for the purchase of products;
- administer the delivery, return or exchange of products;
- respond to your questions, comments or requests to customer service;
- better understand your product needs and to offer relevant information or products to meet those needs, including sending you (and others on your behalf) communications by way of postal mail, e-mail, telephone, text message, or other types of electronic messages;
- send news, information about MassPay, and promotional material that we believe may be useful to you, while also analyzing this data for trends and statistics;
- track and analyze your purchases, other transactions, shopping patterns, account activity, and payment history for marketing analysis purposes or tailoring promotional offers to you;
- track and analyze website use to provide a better customer experience such as customized offers and advertisements;
- verify your identity and protect against error and fraud;
- perform tests to implement or modify systems;
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements; and
- achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted or required by law.
How We Collect Personal Information
MassPay collects your personal information, for the identified purposes, in several ways, including:
- Using our Website;
- Direct interactions with your payor when you provide it, for example, when your payor creates an account or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies; or
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
By providing your information to MassPay, you consent to MassPay using your personal information for the purposes outlined above. Withdrawal of consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information may restrict our ability to provide you with some products. Consent may be expressed (in writing or verbally), or implied, such as when you send us unsolicited personal information, in paper copy or electronically. Your consent can be withdrawn if you notify our Privacy Office in writing.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used for a particular purpose or you do not wish to receive mailings, you can email us to notify us of your wishes. Our practice is that if we wish to collect Personal Information via the Internet about you (such as name, contact information or other account information), MassPay will:
- Expressly ask you for that Personal Information;
- Tell you how we intend to use that Personal Information if you choose to give it to us when we request it. For instance, we may wish to use that Personal Information to personalize and tailor our information or products for you; to identify who we are communicating with; or, to inform you of further information relating to our products, or this Website;
Accessing And Correcting Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law, you have the right to request access to and correct the personal information we hold about you.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you want to withdraw your consent, request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, you may send us an email at email@example.com. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer at dpo@MassPay.io.
“Cookies” are a standard for storing small pieces of data on a web client (i.e., the web browser on your computer). Any web server (including this one) may:
- store one or more cookies in your browser; or
- request your browser to transmit the data to the web server.
This Website may store cookies on your web client to better serve you upon your subsequent visits to this Website. By using cookies, websites can track information about visitors’ usage of the site, provide customized content, or even the use of password protection. Note that some browsers can be configured to allow cookies to be accessed by servers other than the originating server. Please note that most web browsers can also be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it.
We will take appropriate measures to ensure that your supplied personal information is stored securely, whether in electronic form or otherwise.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although MassPay strives to protect such information, MassPay cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of this information in our systems. If you have a login name and/or password for use in conjunction with this website, you are fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that login name and/or password. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for all activities that occur under your login name. You agree to immediately notify MassPay of any unauthorized use of your login name and/or password or any other breach of security known to you.
Where we determine that your personal information is no longer required for any purpose we have identified to you, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is securely disposed of or rendered anonymous. Some personal information must be retained for specific periods to comply with various laws.
You have the right to complain to us if you feel we have collected, used, or disclosed your personal information in an improper way. You may do so by lodging a complaint in writing with our Privacy Office, and you will be entitled to a response within 30 days. If you feel further action is required to address your complaint, you may seek the involvement of the Privacy Commission in Ottawa.
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.